|Type:||Day / Co-ed|
|Head's Name:||Mark Hanley-Browne|
|Phone:||020 8870 4171|
|Fax:||020 8877 1424|
Emanuel School is a co-educational, independent school founded in 1594. At the time Lady Dacre wrote that one of the main aims of the Foundation was 'for the bringing up of children in virtue and good and laudable arts so that they might better live in time to come by their honest labour'.
Today, Emanuel is also committed to
- promoting independent thought and a life-long curiosity for learning
- the pursuit of academic excellence
- providing a broad-based education enabling all pupils to discover their strengths, develop their individual talents and prepare for higher education and adult life
- providing supportive pastoral care that nurtures health and well being, emotional maturity and spiritual richness
- engendering respect, tolerance and understanding of the importance of caring for others and the environment
The charitable object of the Foundation is the provision of education with a Christian ethos and this is why Emanuel has a School Chaplain and why Chapel, in the middle of the day, is part of daily life.