Latymer Upper School
|Type:||Day / Co-ed|
|Head's Name:||David Goodhew|
237 King Street
|Phone:||020 3004 0491|
|Fax:||0208 8748 5212|
Latymer Upper School is an independent, co-educational day school taking children from the age of 7 years old (into the Prep School) through to 18 years. Located on King Street, Hammersmith, this urban school has a long and proud history of serving the families of the immediate area and beyond.
Latymer is a unique place – a high achieving, friendly and welcoming School, set in an exciting urban environment. We prepare young people for more than just exams, helping them prepare for a happy and confident entry into the adult world.
We support them as they build belief in themselves, make friends and participate in an extraordinary range of activities, whilst inspiring them to achieve their academic potential. Our most recent Inspection, in Spring 2011, concluded that “pupils are successful in their learning and achieve excellent standards in activities. The wide-ranging curriculum and programme of activities contribute to the pupils’ high attainment and preparation for adult life.”
Our pupils come from diverse backgrounds and schools and we are proud to reflect the cosmopolitan mix of West London. We value difference and opportunity for all and believe that co-education is the best preparation for adult life. Each child is an individual with something to offer. There are many different pathways to success at Latymer and all are equally recognised and valued.
Founded in 1624, Latymer Upper School was established on its present site in 1895 and the Prep School was created in 1995. Both schools form part of the Latymer Foundation at Hammersmith, created by Edward Latymer to provide a top quality education for “eight poore boyes of Hammersmith”.
We now extend this opportunity to girls as well and our means tested scholarship programme allows us to keep our founder’s inclusive vision alive. We have exceptionally close links with our local community and the majority of our pupils live within a four mile radius of the School.