We know that members are seeking the most up-to-date advice on how to respond to the Covid-19 outbreak and the aim of this page of the HMC website is to provide links to the latest information and guidance. The associations are coordinating closely and using our particular expertise, including in finance, risk, academic policy, boarding and mental health, to help the sector through this most challenging time. HMC is sitting on the ISC Coronavirus Advisory Group and will continue to update members with our own briefings and those from other associations as they become available.
We are also keen to facilitate the sharing of specific concerns, documents and contingency plans between members and would encourage colleagues to send these to the General Secretary at [email protected]. These will be hosted in the HMC member zone and updated regularly. Please note that none of the associations are medical, statutory or legal authorities and it is important for the advice contained in the links below to be read in this context.
Latest guidance for schools
The DfE has published a collection of the latest guidance for schools, see here.
Covid-19 – further key announcements/news
- DfE announcement on extra measures to support students ahead of next summer’s exams, see here. 03.12.20
- For updated DfE guidance reflecting local restriction tiers, please see here. 26.11.2020
- The DfE has released this guidance for boarding schools: 'Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for residential educational settings with international students under the age of 18'.The guidance contains advice on the collection, transfer and isolation of students aged under 18 entering the UK and travelling to a named boarding school or a named household. 06.11.2020
- DfE guidance: Education and childcare settings: New National Restrictions from 5 November 2020. See here. First published 04.11.2020. For HMC Briefing with summary, see here (Member Zone access required). Further general guidance has been released and can be found here. Guidance for after-school clubs and other out of school settings is here. DfE is clearly in the process of updating much of its guidance to schools, so members are advised to check with the government website for the latest announcements.
- DfE press release re:2021 exams. See here. Updated 13.10.2020
- News story: Ofqual and 2021 exams. See here. 12.10.2020
HMC member resources
Further resources can be accessed here (Member Zone access required).