Member Services Administrator
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Market Harborough
Salary: c.£25k, dependent upon experience, skills and qualifications
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 29 July 2021
Starting: As soon as possible
HMC is a professional association of heads of the world’s leading independent schools. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to provide support for the delivery for a range of HMC and HMC Professional Development (HMCPD) services to member heads and staff in HMC schools.
These include HMC’s appraisal, mentoring and other personal support programmes for heads; the application and accreditation process for new members of the association; HMC’s work on school inspection; delivery of HMCPD’s middle leadership programmes for staff in HMC schools. The postholder will be expected to contribute to other areas of work as necessary.
This appointment comes at an exciting point in the association’s development as it reviews its internal structures and operations in a post-Covid world.
The main purpose of the job:
- Administering applications from aspiring members of HMC, providing support and guidance to aspiring members as necessary
- Setting up access to HMC’s member services when new members join the association, working with colleagues across HMC
- Supporting senior colleagues to develop new membership categories and services, including for international members of HMC
- Administering personal support programmes for heads, and HMC’s headship induction programme
- Supporting HMC’s inspection work
- Setting up and supporting online training courses, using software such as Zoom and Teams
- Attending a range of courses and conferences online and around the UK to support effective delivery, including HMC’s annual conference for member heads. This will involve some overnight stays and occasional weekend working
- Undertaking administration associated with the booking and delivery of places on training courses, using HMCPD’s management information system (MIS)
- Supporting the delivery of the annual marketing and communications plan for HMC Member Services
- Supporting annual planning, including selecting and booking venues, and booking speakers and course directors for designated events
- Contributing to the development and improvement of HMC/HMCPD provision by creating evaluation forms and surveys, and providing feedback to course directors and other contributors
The right candidate must have:
- Significant and demonstrable experience in an administrative role, including administering projects and operational plans
- Experience of managing a complex and varied workload, working autonomously and without constant direct supervision
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), data entry and web-based applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; with the ability to communicate using a variety of methods using tact and discretion as required
- Ability to meet goals and deliver results, working both independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to produce work to a high level of accuracy and consistent standard whilst under pressure
- Numerate and financially literate, comfortable analysing data
- A pro-active approach towards own workload, with the ability to multi-task and complete tasks promptly
- A willingness to be flexible towards duties and adaptable to change, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A demonstrable ability to use initiative and to take a pro-active and solution-focused approach to problems
- Demonstrates and expects high standards of performance in self
- Actively builds constructive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- A commitment to the principles of excellent customer service
- Strong commitment to the values and ethos of HMC as shown through behaviours and attitudes
- Demonstrates integrity, respect for others and is inclusive/respectful of diversity
- Ability and willingness to undertake occasional evening / weekend work and occasional travel and overnight stays within the UK, with notice
For a more detailed job description and person specification, please see here where you can also find further particulars and learn more about HMC. Please click here to download an application form. To apply, please submit your CV and an application form including a statement of your suitability for the post, to [email protected] before the closing date.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 29 July 2021.
Interviews: Interviews are likely to take place on Thursday 26 August 2021.