The largest ever annual conference of the Headmasters’ & Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC) will take place 3 – 6 October at the Holiday Inn, Stratford-upon-Avon, when more than 300 heads of independent schools will meet.
HMC is a professional association of the heads of the world’s leading independent schools.
This year’s Chairman, who will give a keynote speech on Monday 3 October, is Mike Buchanan, head of Ashford School in Kent, a co-ed boarding school for pupils from nursery age to 18. https://www.hmc.org.uk/blog/author/mr-m-buchanan/
The conference theme is “creative education” but will cover a wide range of topical education and social issues. Conference speakers include:
- Professor Robert Coe, Professor of Education, University of Durham
- Gregory Doran, Artistic Director of the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Will Gompertz, Arts Editor of the BBC
- David Halpern, Chief Executive of the Behavioural Insights Team (‘the Nudge Unit’)
- Claire Harvey, Paralympian and diversity champion at KPMG
- Duncan Piper, founder of The Unreasonables, which helps young people to become leaders
Former Government mental health tsar Natasha Devon and Digital Awareness UK founder Charlotte Robertson also plan to be present, and able to speak to the media.
Media enquiries to:
For interviews with Chair Mike Buchanan, other HMC school Heads or speakers, please contact Sue Bishop, HMC External Relations Director [email protected] or Sheila Thompson on 07958 307 637 or at [email protected]
Notes for editors: The Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC) represents 282 leading independent schools in the UK and Ireland and 54 internationally. They include co-educational, single sex, day and boarding schools and educate more than 220,000 children in the UK and Ireland. Our members lead schools that are distinguished by their excellence in pastoral care, co-curricular provision and classroom teaching. See www.hmc.org.uk/annual conference2