The economic benefits that independent schools bring to Britain are striking, as highlighted in the Oxford Economics Report. Its conclusions for the schools represented by the Independent Schools Council are below:
- ISC schools make an annual contribution to UK GDP of £11.6 billion
- More than 257,000 FTE jobs in Britain supported by ISC schools – which is similar to the total number of jobs across Liverpool
- More than £3.5 billion in tax revenues flowing into the Exchequer each year
- Annual savings for the taxpayer of £3.0 billion – enough to build 20,000 new affordable homes
- If ISC schools had not existed during the past 70 years, UK GDP could be around £62 billion per annum lower
Click here to download the Independent Schools Economic Impact Report.