For the first time, an independent consultancy has analysed the economic benefits that independent schools bring to Britain. Its conclusions for the schools represented by the Independent Schools Council are striking:
- An annual contribution to GDP of £9.5 billion – larger than the City of Liverpool, or the BBC
- More than 227,000 FTE jobs in Britain supported by ISC schools – one for every two ISC pupils
- More than £3.6 billion in tax revenues flowing into the Exchequer each year
- Annual savings for the taxpayer of £3.0 billion – equivalent to building more than 460 new free schools every year
- Additional annual contribution of £1.0 billion to GDP arising out of the high academic performance of ISC school pupils
A report by Oxford Economics for the Independent Schools Council.
Click here to download the Independent Schools Economic Impact Report.