The Good Governance Programme has been jointly developed by AGBIS and HMC to support and provide recognition of high-quality governance in HMC member schools. It comprises of a new Governor Training Framework and optional Good Governance Programme Certificate.
The Governor Training Framework
A series of expert-led individual webinar sessions, the first of which is available to members of HMC governing bodies free of charge. There is no requirement to join the webinars in real time, all registrants will receive the recording of the webinar and any associated materials and schools may also purchase the recording of the webinar after it has taken place.
The Good Governance webinar series for 2023-2024 is now available to book either via the links below or through the courses and events web pages.
AGBIS/HMC Good Governance Certificate
AGBIS/HMC will issue Boards with a Good Governance Programme Certificate if it can be demonstrated that:
- All Governors have completed both the free Overview webinar – this can either be live or by watching a recording and the AGBIS online Safeguarding module, and that
- Between them, the Governors have covered each of the additional eight webinars over the course of one or two academic years
The Good Governance Certificate will remain valid for three years.
The certificates will be issued at the end of the series.
- HMC Professional Development
- Courses & Events
- Independent Schools’ Qualification in Academic Management (‘ISQAM’)
- HMC Pastoral Leadership Qualification
- AGBIS/HMC Good Governance Programme
- Professional Development Updates
- Heads’ Appraisal
- HMC Heads’ Mentoring Scheme for Members & Affiliates
- Leadership Coaches – Information for HMC Members
- Booking Terms and Conditions