The BASICS of resilient performance
Resilient staff and leaders are more psychologically and physically healthy and use more adaptive coping strategies. Emerging evidence suggests that it can be enhanced with carefully targeted interventions.
Andy McCann (Dragonfly Training)
• Human performance specialist, with an exclusive international portfolio of clients
• Visiting Professor at Manchester Metropolitan University, Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care
• Visiting Fellow, Faculty of Health Sciences
• Academic Associate , Cardiff Metropolitan University, School of Sport and Health Science
• Former physical education teacher, Head of Year, Head of VI and Assistant Headteacher
• A Non-Executive Director of the Welsh Rugby Players Association and a member of the FA Mental Health Consulting Group.
• Previously, sat on the Sport Wales Advisory Group (for 4 years) and on the Welsh Advisory Committee for the Stroke Association (for 6 years).
“Andy has extraordinary motivational gifts and insight into the minds of people
in competitive situations or under stress where successful performance is essential.
He knows how to develop confidence in high performers and others and to help them
retain the knowledge he imparts. He is one of the most gifted people in his profession
of anyone I have met.”
Baroness Tessa Jowell, Minister for the London 2012 Olympics
“I honestly believe it’s no coincidence that my success has been under the guidance and
help of Andy.”
Sam Warburton OBE, Wales and British & Irish Lions Rugby Captain
“Engaging, thought provoking, and knowledgeable. What really stands out is Andy’s
wealth of experience from diverse sectors and organisations.”
Professor Alison Bullock, Director CUREMED
Back to Workshops
Back to Programme
Back to Autumn Conference 2019