HMCj membership is open to the leaders of the primary sections of HMC schools and to Heads of Preparatory schools operating under the umbrella of an HMC member.
It is chaired by a HMCj member and supported by a small steering group of colleagues. The HMCj Steering Group acts as a forum for informed thinking and discussion in order to develop HMC support for junior sections of its ‘through’ schools. Within the steering group HMC Schools are represented geographically, by size and school type to allow fair representation of the membership.
HMCj seeks to:
- Encourage networking opportunities for Junior School Heads.
- Share knowledge, skills and understanding to inform discussion and debate.
- Assist with sourcing information and resources to support best practice, research and development across the HMCj network.
- Carry out research, provide evidence, prepare papers on topics of importance in primary and junior education.
- Assist HMC staff with advice for members on issues relating to primary and junior education.
- Share information and updates that may be relevant to the wider network with the HMCj Chair and HMC Education Team.
- Develop and strengthen HMC networks and relationships with relevant stakeholders.
For more information, please email: [email protected]