The number of Heads of Schools in foundations and all-through schools led by an overarching Principal or CEO has increased significantly over the last few years, and the role is becoming ever-more complex and challenging.
HMC offer Heads of Schools in HMC foundations and all-through schools around the world the opportunity to become an Affiliate of HMC, which offers many of the benefits of membership which their overarching Principal or CEO will receive.
Support and services available to HMC Affiliates includes:
- HMC Professional Development courses and conferences
- Formal and informal networking opportunities with other HMC members and affiliates
- Attendance at the HMC Autumn and Spring Conferences
- Access to HMC new heads’ induction courses, mentoring and appraisal
- One-to-one personal support in times of challenge
- Specialist educational advice and guidance from HMC’s expert senior staff.
- Subscription to the HMC weekly newsletter and other advice, guidance and policy information
- Attendance at HMC Divisional meetings (by agreement with the related HMC member and the HMC Division)
- The Member Zone of the HMC website
- Annual salary & benefits benchmarking survey
- HMC Teaching Careers website
- HMC’s lobbying, policy, partnerships and external relations work
- HMC/AGBIS Good Governance Programme and other governance support from HMC’s work with AGBIS
- Use of the HMC branding and logo, within associated guidelines
See our Benefits of HMC Membership brochure for more information.
Find out more
For further information on the benefits of Affiliate membership, or for information on subscriptions, please contact the HMC Member Services team at [email protected].
Ready to apply?
The application process to become an HMC Affiliate is straight-forward and does not require an accreditation visit.