HMC Projects in Central and Eastern Europe Limited is a company limited by guarantee. It is a registered charity, number 1074491.
- Mrs Rachel Owens Chair
- Mr David Morrison
- Mrs Joy Hopkinson
- Mr Will Phelan
- Mr Peter de Voil
- Mr Angus McPhail
- Mr David Knapman
- Ms Jane Gandee
- Mr John Vick
- Mr Tony Jackson
- Sir Michael Burton KCVO, CMG, former Ambassador to the Czech Republic; President of the British Czech and Slovak Association
- Ms Jane Easton, Director-General of the English-Speaking Union
- Mr Denis Keefe CMG, former Ambassador to Serbia
- Mr Muzaffar Khan, social entrepreneur and Managing Director of Alchemy Ventures
- Professor Michael Proctor FRS, Provost of King’s College Cambridge
- The Baroness Rawlings, former MEP and House of Lords whip; former Chairman of Council, King’s College London; Bulgarian Order of the Rose
- Mr Miles Young MA, Warden of New College, Oxford; Chair of the English-Speaking Union
- Dr Jonathan Wolstenholme (Director of HMC Projects)
- Mrs Jayne Grigg (Student Coordinator of HMC Projects)
- Mr Chris Burrows (Administrator of HMC Projects)
Review of the Trust’s Activities
In 2023, 73 boys and girls, 47 of whom have received full scholarships and 26 partial (reduced-fee) scholarships, have taken up their places in 50 schools. It is through the generosity of these schools that these scholarships are awarded and is an eloquent expression of the perceived value brought to the hosting schools by their HMC Projects scholars.
HMC Projects scholars adapt remarkably to the new opportunities on offer. Many rise to key positions of responsibility within their schools and consistently achieve excellent results. In doing so they act as influential role models amongst their contemporaries.
Feedback from scholars regularly brings home the extent to which the HMC Projects scholarship scheme has provided life-changing opportunities to young people who might have dreamed of the possibility of education in a prestigious UK independent school but who could not possibly have afforded it without the very great generosity of their schools. Public benefit indeed!